Vision and Values
At Oakwood we encourage everyone to follow the ‘Ways of Being Co-op’ within a safe environment where education can prepare all children to be ready for life.
Do what matters most
Be yourself, always
Show you care
The Co-op Academies Trust is committed to co-operative values and principles. The Trust expects all of its academies to have these at the core of their work. Through our values we strive to ensure children, young people and their families and staff at all levels in the Trust develop:
- Self-help – so that we can help ourselves to improve and make a positive contribution to society
- Self-responsibility – so that we take responsibility for, and answer to our actions
- Democracy – through having a say in how we run our Trust and the academies
- Equality – through ensuring that the voice of each individual can be heard
- Equity – a fair and unbiased community
- Solidarity – through sharing interests and common purposes for the benefit of all.
The Trust, including each academy, is expected to work to the co-operative ethical values of:
- Openness – we believe in being open and sharing information and ideas to raise the outcomes of children and young people and improve their life chances
- Honesty – we act in a professional and respectful manner in our dealings with everyone
- Social responsibility – we maximise our impact on those in our communities while minimising our footprint on the world
- Caring for others – we treat everyone as we wish to be treated ourselves, understanding that children and young people have one childhood.